Monday, January 21, 2013

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara (Review)


ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
L'Oreal have this product out for a while now. It is part of their permanent collection so it's always available. I bought mine at Target for $8.99 each. Each tube has a primer on one side and mascara on the other. The primer side has 0.17 fl oz/ 5.2mL of product and the mascara side has 0.16 fl oz/ 5 mL of product.

The idea behind this product is that you prime your lashes with the primer first to give it an "extension" and some volume, wait for it to dry, then put a coat of the mascara on top of the primer to mimic an eyelash extension or false eyelashes.

As you can see in the picture below, I demonstrated how the product would look like after each step.



I would rate this product 4/5

As you can see in the picture above, this product definitely lived up to its name. It extended my eyelashes and doubled its volume. What's great about this is that you can use the primer with other mascaras. I love what this product does to my eyelashes overall. It looks very natural. 
The only thing I don't like about this is that the white primer is kind of hard to cover up with the mascara. You really have to wait for it to completely dry which makes this product not meant for people that doesn't have time to play around in front of the mirror. Another thing I don't like is how messy it gets when removing the product off your lashes. All the times that I use this mascara, some product got into my eye. Maybe I'm just clumsy. I would recommend this to people just to try out because I have mixed feelings about this. But overall, its a great product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...