Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer (Review)

This bronzer came in a kit, along with the Hot Mama! blush, when I bought it at TJ Maxx a while ago. This product retails for $19 at thebalm.com and is unfortunately discontinued from Sephora. However you can still get them on other online shopping places like Ebay, etc. Every package has .25 oz of product.

Honestly, I don't grab for this so much. I think its like every other matte bronzer that I've ever used, color-wise. But what makes me really love this bronzer is that it glides on to the skin and it feels almost like a powder to cream finish. When it's on your face, it feels very smooth. And talk about the packaging! The Balm got me hooked on this. On the cover, there is a "Hawaiian" lady, with a grass skirt, hair flower and all. It just just so adorable. It is one of the reasons why I travel with this. I like showing it off. hehe.

 Also, the staying power is quite amazing. A couple months ago, my boyfriend and I went to a baptism and I used this to give my whole face some color. We were out for about 9 hours and I didn't have to retouch my bronzer at all. Ever since then I make sure I always have this in my purse.

I would rate this product 4.5/5

Only because the color can be easily found in a drugstore where the price is a lot less. But quality-wise, This is hands down the best bronzer I've ever used. First of all, it has a matte finish, which is probably the only kind of bronzer I like to use all year round. AND Its smooth, long lasting and the packaging is perfect for traveling. It's definitely worth trying. 



Here's a swatch on my arm:
Left: Unblended, Right: Blended

Note: If it is put on heavily, it tends to leave a white cast down in the middle of the product. As you can see on the unblended swatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...