Monday, January 6, 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin (Review)


This is Maybelline's new product called Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. Maybelline claims that this product has "Blur Technology for All Skin Types" which means it blurs out the pores once applied on. It can be used alone or underneath your makeup. Each bottle contains 0.67oz of products and costs $6.99 each. These are available at drugstores. I got mine at Walgreens.

Opinion: I've been using mine since I got it. So, it's been a week, I believe. In my opinion, I think it's very comparable to Smashbox's Primers and Benefit's Pore-fessional. It has the same super smooth finish. I have the Smashbox primer and I find myself reaching for this more. I just use this around the nose area where I have large pores. I REALLY LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I think it definitely works. Even my sister saw a huge difference on my skin when I put this under my makeup. I didn't really feel it move on my face. It even made my makeup last longer than it usually does. I have very dry skin so I can't speak for everyone but this is really working for me. As you can see in the picture below, it definitely made a difference. 

The only thing I don't agree with is the price. It's pretty pricy for a drugstore product and it's not even as big as a typical face product. Most foundations in this container has 1oz of product and this one only has .67oz. It's almost half the amount and for that price, I think it's too much. You can buy a high end primer (Smashbox) for $10 (0.4oz). But for the quality, I think it's worth the price.

GRADE: 8/10
I think it should be cheaper than it is.



SWATCH: (I apologize for the lighting)
This is on my nose area where I have the largest pores. I used Maybelline Fit Me Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...