Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils (Review)


I know there is already a lot of reviews for this product but I'd also like to mention in this review the four basic bases that could work for any smokey eyes or neutral eyes for any eye color...in my opinion. I bought these particular colors at Ulta because they are the only ones that stood out to me.

The Colors I have Are:
Milk - white
Black Bean -black
French Fries - brown gold
Rust - rusty copper

These eye pencils retail for $4.49 but I got them during the NYX 40% off sale at Ulta. I've seen and heard many reviews about this but I still had to see if it would work for me or not. I've been wanting to get milk since its so much talked about by gurus and so I did. I've tried it on my lids and I must say I was very impressed! The colors I used, which were green and purple, were much more vibrant!


I would rate these product 4.5/5

I had the small point deduction because the lighter colors, such as milk, are a little bit harder to work with when it comes to darker skin tones like mine. You have to really spread it out evenly, but its no biggie. Other than that, I think matching the pencils with the color of your eyeshadow will make them really pop! I used Half Baked Eyeshadow by Urban Decay on top of French Fries and I fell in love! you can also mix colors if you'd like. Also I find that you DEFINITELY need to top this off with powder or eyeshadow or it will crease like a grease! Anyways, overall I love this product. I've been using them everyday since I bought them!

Here are some swatches of the product:
Clean Swatch

Blended Swatch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...