Tuesday, February 26, 2013

NYC Smooch Proof Lip Stain (Review)


PRODUCT NAME: NYC Smooch Proof Lip Stain
PRICE: $4.99
AVAILABILITY: Target, Walmart, Drugstores.
NET WEIGHT: 0.10 oz
CLAIMS: (according to NYC's website)
Its benefits are: The color lasts up to 16 hours. Will not transfer, rub off, or smear, even when eating or drinking. Light weight formula, bare lip feel, matte finish. Precise and even application. Allows you to build color.
TEXTURE/FINISH: Liquid, Matte
PACKAGING: Comes in a pen-like stick. It actually reminds me of a chunky marker. The color of the packaging reflects what shade the lip stain will be. It has a felt tip applicator. As you can see in the photo below, the tip is very pointy.


OPINION: I actually really love these. I think they are underrated for what it can do. I find that most of the claims are true. I'm not really sure if it could last for 16 hours without reapplying because I never wore it that long, but from what I've experienced, these stayed for the whole day. I think this is the definition of a lip stain. It actually makes you feel like you're not wearing anything on your lips and gives a very nice tint that won't come off even after eating.

The only thing I disagree with is the part where they said it gives an even application. Don't get me wrong, it definitely could, but you have to be very patient on applying them on. You can't just slap it on and leave the house. As you can see in the picture below, the application was very streaky. BUT if you apply it nice and slow, you're not really gonna have a problem with the streaky-ness.

Overall, I really recommend this product to everyone. I have very dry lips and it didn't make it feel dry. If it did, just slap on a chapstick on top and the color wouldn't even move. Also the color are very buildable as well. Just wait for the first layer to dry and apply as many layers as you want depending on how intense you want it to be.

Here are some swatches of the product:
Forever Mine Wine (dark plum)
Champagne Stain (pinkish nude)
Rock On Ruby (ruby red)
Grades: 
Pigmentation: 5/5
Texture: 5/5
Longevity 5/5
Price: Reasonable
Overall: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...