Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation (Review)

Honestly, I never liked using foundation. But since, I love experimenting with makeup, I searched for some of the cheapest foundations at Target. This is one of the foundations that really caught my attention because I've heard of it before. HOWEVER, the color selection they have in every store I checked where they carry this product are only for fair to almost tan skinned people. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people.

I found out that you can get darker shades online (not very dark at all), but I think thats a hassle. So, I decided to try the darkest shade they have at Target which is "Sand". This product retails for around $7 and you get 1 fl. oz in each tube.

The darkest they have (sand), has a pink undertone. It didn't actually bother me much because I thought it would cancel out my some of the yellowness of my face. BUT IT DIDN'T. However, it did a great job covering up dark spots and some redness but it left an obvious white cast on my face. It could be that the shade is lighter that I should've got but this is the second darkest I believe. I don't think it would make much difference if I got the darkest one.

I would rate this product 2.5/5

This product claims to last for 25 hours which I doubt but the staying power works pretty well. When I put it on, it felt very smooth and looked flawless. it also did well with concealing dark circles and redness around the nose. But, as you can see in the bottom picture, the color I got is way lighter than my skin tone and it's one of the DARKEST shades they have. That part really turned me off. No amount of bronzer can hide the white cast of the foundation. I rarely reach for this. However if you do have lighter skin tone than I do, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

Here are some pictures of how the product looks like on:
No makeup

One layer of Rimmel Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...