Thursday, August 30, 2012

TheBalm Stainiac (Review)



I discovered lip stains from AndreasChoice on YouTube and ever since I saw her put on the Stainiac on her her lips and cheeks, I became very obsessed with it. I loved that it looked very natural on her. Anyways, this product retails for $17.00 each with 0.3 fl. oz. of product each tube. There are 3 available colors in the website, thebalm.com:

- Beauty Queen (sheer berry pink)
- Prom Queen (sheer rosy pink) 
- Homecoming Queen (sheer soft peach)

I bought the one in Beauty Queen since it was the one Andrea used on her video and I just fell in love with it. Don't be afraid with the color in the tube. It doesn't show up as blood red as it seems. It's actually very sheer. You can easily layer it if you want more pigment. You only need a bit for some color to show on your lips and it looks very natural. This is different from the Benetint by Benefit cosmetics because Stainiac has a gel consistency, where as Benetint is more liquidy or watery.

As for the staying power, since it is a stain, it stays on for quite a long time. As for my experience though, I had to reapply it twice for the whole day. It tends to come off a lot on the corner of my lips but it's not very obvious. When it is applied to the cheeks however, one layer of application is enough to last you the whole day.

You have to be careful though when Applying this product. It dries quickly so you have to work with it quickly, especially when spreading it out on your cheeks.

Here are some swatches of the product:
Stainiac on the lips

Stainiac spread out. This is how it would look like on the cheeks with one layer

I would rate this product 4/5

I love this product! It just dries too quickly for me to really work on it but other than that, I love how it looks like, I love the color and I love how natural the tint looks on me. This is perfect for emergencies when I'm on the go. This saved my life a bunch of times already. Especially in school when I want to touch up. Its a small tube but it can do so much. I really recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...