Friday, July 19, 2013

Etude House Dear Darling Tint (Review)


I've been hearing a lot of hype about Asian beauty products and I've been very curious. While my boyfriend was in the Philippines, I asked him to grab me some goodies from Etude House. Apparently, it's a very popular Asian beauty store. Enjoy my review!

Product Name: Etude House Dear Darling Tint in Real Red
Price: $4.58 or P198 (Philippine pesos)
Net Weight: No info in the tube.
Available at: Ebay (US), Etude House Stores (Asia)
Texture/Finish: soft gel texture, very thin, just blends in to the lips.
Scent: No scent.
Packaging: Clear lipgloss tube with doe-foot applicator.


Opinion: I think that this is a great product. It definitely tinted my lips well. It reminds me of Stainiac by Benefit Cosmetics. But this one is WAY more pigmented. It's almost like you're wearing a lipstick, but to get it to be that intense, you're going to have to layer it a few times, maybe twice. Which leads me to my next point, which is that this product can definitely be layered. It stains the lips nicely and for the price, it's really a great product.

The only think that I don't like about this is that you can only get it at online stores in the US which some sellers would probably hike up the price. It's very hard to get a hold of. Also, its not like the Stainiac where it doubles up as a cheek tint. You could use it but I won't recommend it to oily skinned people. It doesn't work well when mixed with oil. But then again, it says it's made for lips so I'm not really bummed about that. Overall, it's a great product. It's not drying but it doesn't moisturize either. It does what it says. It tints your lips.

Here's a swatch (2 layers):

Grades:
-Pigmentation: 4/5
Not the most pigmented with only one swipe but definitely can be layered.
-Texture: 5/5
It's thin, you won't even feel like you're wearing anything on your lips.
-Longevity: 5/5
The tint will stay there all day. Just make sure it dries first before you layer more on.
-Price: 5/5
Definitely reasonable for its quality!

OVERALL: 4.75/5
It's a really good lip tint. Its not drying yet it gives such a natural, young look to the lips. If you can get a hold of it, I definitely recommend you getting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...