Monday, August 6, 2012

Urban Decay Vegan Palette (Review)

Urban Decay Vegan Palette
Urban Decay started their big sale today. They didn't really put any of their current products on sale. What they did is, they put back their old makeup (same makeup, different packaging) and sold them for a fraction of the price. One of the items is the Urban Decay Vegan Palette. I've had this for a while now and since its up for sale again, I figured why not make a review about it and show you guys how the product performs. 

This package comes with:
- 6 eyeshadow shades (not full size)
- Sample-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
- Sample-size Primer Potion in Sin

This palette is Urban Decay's first ever 100% Vegan Palette. However, they did mention that the Primer Potion is NOT. I'm not sure about the 24/7 eyeliner.


The eyeshadow shades on the palette are:
- Minx (aqua blue with chunky silver and gold glitters)
- URB (light green with small gold glitters)
- Gunmetal (dark grayish-silver with small silver glitters)
- Twice Baked (dark brown with small silver glitters)
- Smog (shimmery brown)
- Half Baked (shimmery gold)

(left to right) Minx, URB, Gunmetal
*Minx is a very shimmery glittery shade so my flash couldn't get the color.
The blue-ness of it is actually pretty vibrant.

(left to right) Twice Baked, Smog, Half Baked, 24/7 Eye Pencil in Zero


Primer Potion in Sin

I would rate this product 3.5/5

When I swatched these on my arm, I found that some of the eyeshadows like Minx and URB are very POWDERY. You need to pack on the color for those colors to show and when you pack it on, it leaves a lot of fallouts. It's very annoying. But other than that, I definitely enjoyed the other colors. They are very pigmented and they look very pretty in the lid. Another downside that I found is that all of the shades are shimmery or glittery. There's not one matte color.

Also, three of the colors  already in the first Naked Palette which I already have. So I don't really recommend these if you already own the Naked Palette. If you don't however, I definitely recommend this palette. 

If you are interested in this palette, I suggest that you buy it NOW or SOON because it used to retail for $34 and not its ON SALE FOR $13.

Overall, its not a bad palette. It's great for travelling because you have everything you need to make a great eye look. All you need are brushes. Plus, the packaging is just ADORABLE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...