Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ELF Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils (Review)



These pencils are available at eyeslipsface.com AKA ELF cosmetics. These are very affordable. You can buy them for $1 each or $5 for a set of 5 pencil liners (picture on the left). I've heard a lot of rave about these liners and decided to try them out for myself. Sale had a friends and family sale which is 50% off of everything online. Its definitely a perfect time to invest money on a bunch of products. I only paid $2.50 for all these.

I just love how they all have sharpeners as caps. Its very convenient for when you're on the go.

At first I thought these would be a typical cheap glitter liners that will scratch your eyes, but these are actually very creamy and glides on eyes when you apply it on.

The staying power of this product is not that great but not bad either. Just set it with a same color eyeshadow and you'll be fine.

I would rate this product 4.5/5

As for the color opacity, It definitely impressed me. You don't have to layer these a bunch of times to show the color. One layer is enough. As you can see at the bottom, the shimmer is still visible even without the flash.

Here are some swatches:

(from left to right) WITH FLASH
Gun Metal
Boldly Bronzed
Twinkle Teal
Plum Passion
Black Bandit
WITHOUT FLASH


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...